Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Beginnings...

Of what will soon be my dining room table:

table1

So its been a while since we decided to change up the dining room. Basically I am going for the "out with the new, in with old" look.

This is the before:
sell2

This is the middle while we wait for our table to be finished:
flowers3

This will be the after:
table3

Well not exactly ;) This and a whole lot of elbow grease.

While I appreciate the Pottery Barn look, and our Ethen Allen table is serving us well... I like old. I am not only obsessed with old houses, I appreciate old/ vintage furnishings. With the help of Bren's dad I was able to get this wood that is from the 1800's! What heritage it has!

I cannot wait to have this...

table4

In my dining room, with benches neatly tucked under it, and upholstered chairs tucked into the ends.

But I know good things take time and hard work:

table2

So wait I will, and I'll be back to share the finished product.

Courtney

No comments: