Thursday, October 28, 2010

fall inspired

Every fall I get inspired to cook. Something about cooler weather that makes me want some home cooking. Well, I waited for cooler weather and it never came, so I figured some of my yummy recipes might bring the fall this way... and they did!

Woke up this morning to much cooler weather ;)

cooking5

A super easy Apple Crisp

Ingredients

  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 3 cups apples - peeled, cored and chopped
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Mix the top 4 ingredients put on the bottom of a pan. Then the apples. Then the other 2 ingredients mixed on top. Or you could mix it all together and throw it in a pan ( thats what I do ). Bake 350 for 45 min.

cooking6

Chicken Pot Pie

Ingedients

2 cans of mixed vegetables
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream ( I just add this to make sure there is enough wet ingredients )
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups of cooked cubed chicken
1 can Crescent rolls

Mix together top 4 ingredients. Pour into greased pan. Cover with Crescent rolls pinching the sides to create seal. Bake 350 till top is golden brown.

THE BEST CARMEL CORN EVER!!!

cooking1

This is kind of a labor intensive recipe. Anything that requires a lot of dishes to be washed is not typically something that I make. It looked so good though...

cooking2

It requires boiling the caramel, lots of mixing, and baking.

It is so good though, and I am certain it will become an annual thing! Ohh... and I got the recipe from the new Southern Plate Cookbook.

cooking3

We are also totally addicted to these pancakes that we make multiple cans of every year! Seriously, you need to try them... there is simply not a better pancake out there!

And lets not forget Apple Julep! I can't keep this stuff in the fridge!

Ingredients
1 qt apple juice
1 cup orange juice
1 cup pineapple juice ( I use two small cans... 12oz )
1/4cup lemon juice

Mix. Chill. Serve over crushed ice.

All this eating has inspired my latest painting too...

cooking4

Courtney

1 comment:

Stephanie Drew said...

yumm-o. you just made me super hungry.