Saturday, December 20, 2008

Coupons!!!

OK, so this is a random blog but I just had to let everyone know about my exciting savings!! Ok, so I have become addicted to saving money - especially at the grocery store. Each week for the last 3 weeks I have gotten around $60 of grocerys for $25! Isn't that great?!!? Well today I went in with my stash of coupons and got $125 of groceries for $40.51!!!!! I was so excited, like when a crack addict finally gets a hit!!! The poor boy who rung me up was on his first day of the job and first time to do coupons. Seriously, it took him 30 min to check me out ( all while Collins was at home screaming because he was hungry ). I started to appologize to the LONG line behind me and they were just amazed at all my savings - I thought I was going to get a standing ovation!!! They were asking for tips and nuggets of knowledge. I felt like I was giving an acceptance speech at the Oscars... ok, but really it was exciting! Saving $85 is pretty exciting!!! Brendan is enjoying not only the money, but the FULL meals we are eating 7 days a week. We have triple the food and spend way less. All of this means I can cook pretty elaborate meals for next to nothing! Saving money makes me feel like I am making a financal contribution to the family without having to leave the kiddos!
I am so excited to be a good stewart of the money God is blessing us with. It has opened my eyes to how much I wasn't that in the past and makes me embarresed to even talk about it.

YIPPEE FOR COUPONS!!! AND YIPPEE FOR THE WAY GOD IS BLESSINGS US THROUGH COUPONS!

3 comments:

Jaime said...

so where are you getting all these coupons and where do you shop? i need to know these things!

Shea said...

Ok, so leave us hanging here...leave tips!! I can't believe you have time for clipping all those coupons and keeping up with two kiddos!!

Stephanie Drew said...

yay!