Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas

I wanted to post one last time before Christmas. We went and saw Santa this year and I must say it went over a lot better that last year! Collins had no idea what was going on and Jack was preoccupied with the candy cane, although he was sure to mention he wanted a tractor and truck for Christmas (although he has 10 thousand!). Unfortunetly, we have spent the majority of this Christmas Season by ourselves. Turns out the busiest time of the year for an ABC person is Christmas. So Brendan working every evening leaves us alone - which really stinks this time of year. I mostly hate that the boys have to miss out on fun things like the Polar Express and Zoo Light Safari (which I am not brave enough to take a 2 year old and newborn by myself) . Thankful my Brother and Dad are going to spend Christmas eve day with us and go the candle light service with us. Since being alone for the holidays will be a yearly thing, I am determined next year I am going to be better prepared and take on all of these fun traditions even if its just us! I am a big family person so this has been especially hard, please pray that my lonliness is lifted and the joy of Christmas is restored for me. Really, I have so much to be thankful for. I can relate to how Mary must have felt having a new baby and all the happiness that brings.
On a side note... If you didn't get a Christmas Card its because I didn't send them. Like I said earlier, next year I will be better prepared and will get them out. I must say though, I have so enjoyed getting yours and seeing how all the sweet babies are growing!!

Courtney

This year...
ch4
Last year.
ch6
Jacks new dunp truck, and a fun toy to go inside!
ch2
Ch1

4 comments:

Kait said...

I'm so sorry that you have been alone. I will be praying for much joy and peace for you all during the next few days.
I love the pics. Especially the one of Jack pushing Collins in the dump truck. It is like a stroller for boys. How creative!!

The Latham Family said...

Sweet Courtney, I will be praying for you. Next year, we will all just drag you along on all of our Christmas 'adventures!' Don't be on the look-out for a Christmas card from us, either! I'm thinking News Years cards this year! Plus, you sent out those awesome birth announcements, so you're all clear! As usual, your boys are just precious!

Anonymous said...

Us, too! Be looking for our Christmas card on Dec 1, 2009!!!

Brandi said...

We are praying for the joy of Christmas to smother your family the next few days!!! Hang in there. I LOVE the pictures. Collins taking a ride from Jack, hilarious. I also love last year's picture with Santa. I'm guessing we will look that next year since ours didn't go so well this year and we are only 7 months. Have fun at the Christmas program. We are going today too! I'm so excited! Merry Christmas