Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Blessed are the peace makers...

policecar

Praying today for Officer Davis' wife. While I can't begin to imagine what she is going through now, I can understand what her life has been for the last few years. It is not easy knowing your spouse is out looking for trouble... you know they are eventually going to find it. I have fought being a cops wife since the beginning. It wasn't till last year that I finally found peace in Brendan's career. He is doing what he loves, and he knows the risks. Something about that gives me some kind of peace everyday.
My heart goes out to Ms. Davis. The everyday is not going to be easy, raising babies alone is not going to be easy. She is left to pick up the pieces. While he died doing what he loved... she must live doing the rest alone.
Praying for enormous peace and comfort for her today.

Courtney

No comments: