Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hello March

I love snow days! We happily welcomed the beginning of march with a snow day. Collins didn't even notice and Jack liked the snow but he didn't want it to stick to him... so that sort of created a problem. He did have fun building a snow man and loading the snow into his trailer. This weekend we also went to the marriage retreat and had a good time other than not feeling to well. We learned a lot of good info and had fun hanging out with our buddies. I believe that these retreats are so important because it helps bring focus back onto the marriage. When kids come along it is so easy to make them the center focus and let the marriage drift apart. It is vital to remember that those little guys are just passing by and after they are gone we will still be together- so we better get to know each other.
I particularly loved the " theme verse " this weekend. Its actually pretty ironic that it was the theme verse, because every year at this time that verse is our theme verse. We ingrain it in our hearts and make every effort to live it out...

" CHOOSE for yourselves this day whom you will serve... As for me and my house we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

That verse is often thrown on the walls as a pretty decor, but its so important to remember it is a CHOICE that is made DAILY. Its not a one time commitment... its a daily commitment. How easy is it to forget that? I know we do sometimes so it was nice to get a refresher course this weekend!

In other news Brendan and I are officially crack addicts... CrackBerry addicts that is. We both got one and in a matter of minutes we couldn't remember how we ever lived without them! So much fun!
Well I better get to cookin a dessert for small group tonight.... Can I tell you how much I love small group?!?! Brendan and I discuss on a daily basis how blessed we are to be apart of our church and the awesome friends that come with it.
Have a great day,
Courtney
feb1
feb2
feb3
feb4
feb5

2 comments:

Jaime said...

loved the picture of collins in the bumbo in the snow. hilarious! so, i need to talk tim into getting me a crackberry now?

Kait said...

Cute, Cute! I love your snow pictures! It looks like you guys had a great time.
We also had fun at the marriage conference. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. The speakers were so entertaining! I'm glad you got your voice back!