Thursday, April 3, 2008

Party of five... Table for four

As many of you know we lost a sweet baby December 21, 2007. Although, I was only pregnant 9 weeks I very much loved that baby... and still do. I have felt like a mother of two since then, even though only one baby fills my arms. Well, although we certainly do not deserve it, God has decided to bless us with another child! I decided from the moment I found out I was pregnant that I was going to love this baby , whether it be for 9 weeks or 90 years. When I went for my first Doctors appt. it appeared that I may not have long to love this baby. The baby was not growing as it should be and had a slow heart rate. So I went home and prepared myself for the worst and prayed for the best. Well, let me tell you, when I went back for another appt. I almost fell off the table when I saw a much bigger baby and a fast heartbeat! I couldn't believe it... could it be this baby would live and be my miracle baby?!?!? Well, the initial prognosis was 50/50 survival chance, and while the updated ultrasound took us to a much higher percentage we still are not "out of the woods". The way I see it.... This baby is a fighter and we serve a loving God and I know he is going to take care of us and my sweet baby. I am just so excited for everyday that passes and I am believing that this miracle is going to grow to term! Baby is 10 weeks, 3 days, YIPPEE only 29 weeks, 4 days to go!
So the family is growing.. 1 big boy, 1 angel baby, and one miracle baby.
Whew.. and yes... all this while Brendan has been out of town - my emotions are spent!
Please pray for us and our sweet miracle and thank you for being such wonderful friends to us!
Courtney

6 comments:

Kait said...

YEA!! I am so so so excited that Maddox and Maggie are going to have a new friend!! Jack is going to make the Best Big Brother. I am so happy for you guys. Love you all :-)

JJ said...

Congratulations and hoping for the best!

Brandi said...

We are so excited for you guys. We will be praying everyday for your little fighter.

Shea said...

Congratulations again! I'm so excited for you and praying that everything goes smoothly!

Anonymous said...

So happy for you guys! I can't wait to see if it's a girl or boy!!
Beau and Janna

The Zevacs said...

Congratulations Courtney!